Sunday, March 31, 2013
Saturday, March 16, 2013
|Moist Chocolate Cake with Ganache|
|Creamcheese Bars with Caramel|
|Moist Chocolate Cake with PeanutButter|
|Mini Beef Bacon Quiche|
|Mini Shepherd's Pie|
|Mini Chicken Lasagne|
|Mini Beef Lasagne|
|Beef Lasagne (Full Portion)|
Party food selection for Siti Fatimah and Norina
Monday, March 11, 2013
My nephew Aliy Emriz turned 2 last Saturday..
so on Sunday we had a little teatime pool (those inflatable ones ! keke) party for him..
Foodlist : Lasagne, Shepherd's Pie, Mini Chicken Pie,
Fried Loh Shi Fun, Meehoon Soto and Tiramisu
The Rainbow Birthday cake was by Suraya Malik of DearSue Cakes
(absolutely delicious !)
Aliy's Aunty Ina brought yummy layered jelly..(the pink square ones)
Friday, March 8, 2013
It was my sister's birthday dinner tonight.
I made Roast Beef + Gravy, Mashed Potatoes,
Sauteed Mushroom and Coleslaw.
Here's my method for a for-sure-jadi Roast Beef...
What you need :
(for 10-12 pax)
- 1.5 kg rolled rib-eye
- Large ziplock bag
- Coarse Black Pepper
- Brown Sugar
- Dried Mixed Herbs
- Celery (2 sticks)
- Carrot (2)
- Red, Yellow & Green Capsicums (1 of each)
What you need to do 12-24 hours before roasting :
- Marinate the roll of beef with the salt, pepper, brown sugar, paprika and dried mixed herbs in the ziplock bag.
- Chill in the fridge (not freezer) until roasting time
30 minutes before roasting :
- Cut the celery, carrots and capsicums into chunks.
- Arrange in a large roasting dish (9' x 13')
- Drizzle with some olive oil/sunflower oil
- Set aside
15 minutes before roasting :
- Preheat oven @ 190c
- Take out marinated beef from the fridge.
- Place beef on the bed of chunky vegies.
- At the end of 15 minutes, place the roasting dish (with the beef in it) in the oven.
Roasting time :
General rule - 30 minutes for every 500 gms
Therefore for a 1.5 kg roll of beef
= 90 minutes (for medium doneness)
add 10 minutes (for medium-to-well)
add 5 more minutes (for well done)
- cover the roasting dish with foil after taking it out of the oven
- REST the beef after roasting time ! at least 30-45 minutes
After resting time, slice beef thinly, serve with gravy, mashed potatoes,
sauteed mushroom and coleslaw..
and that is how Roast Beef is made and enjoyed
at my house..